6 Kitchen gadgets everyone needs!
Who doesn’t want gadgets that make everyday tasks easier and more efficient? Today I am going to list my favorite kitchen gadgets and links where they can be purchased.
- A good mixer. I love my KitchenAid mixer. My husband got it for me for Christmas a few years ago, when gripping the spoon and hand stirring became very difficult for me. He knew how much I loved to bake, and the mixer made it possible to do it more independently again.
- An electric jar opener. This is wonderful for just about anyone, especially those that have less strength to open the jars by hand. Mine is a larger unit, but they make more portable units now. I still love mine, as my sister-in-law gave it to me. It was my first gadget that I received that gave me some of my independence back in the kitchen.
- Electric can opener. Okay, I remember decades ago when there were the cabinet models of electric can opener that were gaudy eye sores in the kitchen, but now they have these wonderful portable units. You just place it on the can, and push a button, and it zooms around the can all by itself. No more gripping and pinching with those old school can openers.
- A Slow Cooker. I have 2 types. One is my large 6 qt slow cooker, and the other is my 3 part slow cooker with smaller pots (I think like 2 quarts in each). On days where I know I am not going to want to come home and cook, I can just throw something in the slow cooker in the morning, and it is done for dinner. What could be easier than that?
- And 6. Mandolin and Food processor: Cutting and chopping are some of the most common things we must do in our kitchen, so these two are life savers when you need something minced, sliced, or chopped. They cut down enormously on prep time.
Just be sure to clean your gadgets immediately after use so that food doesn’t stick. It makes it so much easier.